Shop the gift guide:
Merry Memory Making
Give the gift of an unforgettable outdoor experience in Maine
1 day packrafting pass with Packraft Maine
Packrafts are a new way to explore Maine’s waters and woods -- lightweight inflatable boats that roll up to a small packable size. Packrafts can easily be packed in a backpack or on a bicycle, allowing us to offer lower impact paddling trips.
Maine Coast Climbing Adventure
"Novice or expert, Equinox is a fantastic guiding service with wonderfully friendly professionals. You can trust them to hold your line as well as providing you a great time." - Alex Chassé
Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens Membership
Give the gift of a year of adventures in the outdoors with a membership to Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens. With a Family Membership, you unlock free tickets for two adults in the same household and their children or grandchildren under 18. Benefits include free events, class discounts, and member-only pricing for Gardens Aglow. Your membership also supports our mission to inspire meaningful connections among people, plants, and nature through horticulture, education, and research.
Port Clyde to Waterman’s Beach Tour
Join Maine Sport Outfitters on an overnight "paddle-Inn" tour “downeast” navigating past granite islands, bold headlands and a favorite lobster shack. You’ll land steps from your seaside bed and breakfast and hike to a quarry for a swim before dinner. The trip ends at a local seaside brewery for a very well deserved beer and food truck fare.
- Gift card to Northern Outdoors! Can be used for all activities and lodging, as well as purchases in the gift shop and at Kennebec River Pub & Brewery.
- Traditional style fully outfitted guided canoe trip with Mahoosuc Guide Service. Wholesome food, owner guided, some cultural trips with Cree, Inuit and Penobscot guides.
- NaviTour gift card. Delight your loved ones with a unique and personalized experience in Maine's great outdoors, where they can explore, learn, and make memories that last a lifetime.
- Ashley Flowers Goat Yoga gift card + t-shirt, for the outdoorsy yoga lovers in your life.
- Adventure in Acadia at Terramor Outdoor Resort. Receive 15% off when you stay 3+ nights in one of their luxury tents. Explore the outdoors in elevated style. Use code MOB24 at checkout.
- Sail with Portland Schooner on one of their handcrafted wooden schooners built here in Maine for a two-hour cruise on Casco Bay in Portland, ME -- the perfect way to experience the beauty
- Private rock climbing instruction & guiding with Acadia Mountain Guides
- A stay in Maine’s western mountains at The Hostel of Maine
- Weekend Skills Workshop with Portland Paddle
- Up to 40% off rafting trips, 10% off of yurt stays, as well as discounted Moose and wildlife tours with Northeast Whitewater
On the Water
Gifts for those with gills
Wooden Surfboard Built to Last a Lifetime
Workshops, kits, classes, and completes! At Grain, we design, build, and help you build true wooden surfboards with the idea that they will never see the landfill. Shop Grain for the holidays for a thoughtful gift for the surfer or crafter in your life.
Maine Fly Co Little River Fly Rod
Just when you think your favorite angler has it all.... the limited edition Little River ~ 7'9" 3W
Shaw and Tenney Penobscot Traditional Canoe Paddle
Give a true piece of history with a traditional paddle handcrafted by master Maine builders leading the way since 1858. The Penobscot Paddle is their best selling, most versatile paddle. It features a beaver tail blade and a pear shaped handle that is great for all-day paddling.
- HMH Fly Tying Vice
- Subscription to Maine Boats, Homes & Harbors – the Magazine of the coast of Maine
- Freedom Boat Club Membership
- Become an "Early Adopter" of a Blueprint 3D printed surfboard. Includes the Sea Mink surfboard + 2 years of free board repairs for $950
- Rod, reel and line fly fishing outfit from Selene’s Fly Shop for anyone that wants to take up the sport or someone that wants a second rod in another weight to target another species . It’s a quality unit that offers smooth casting in a medium fast action rod at a fantastic price-point of $189.99 for the kit.
- Malone Telos XL / DownLoader Bundle Kayak Carrier
On the Snow
Top picks for alpine adventurers
Amalgam Skis Keyway Backcountry Ski
Handcrafted skis built here in Maine for the outdoor enthusiast in your life. Hand selected for grain & structure, the Keyway’s made with a Maine spruce wooden core and a full carbon layup. Designed to be light and nimble for the uphill climbs without sacrificing the downhill performance Amalgam is known for
Benoits’ Vintage-Inspired Ski Mountain Banner
An excellent gift for the avid skier in your life! Choose from 75 mountains with classic skiing illustrations to create a timeless piece that will look great in any home or mountain cabin.
Opolis’ Fully Sustainable High Performance Ski/Snowboard Goggles
Each pair of Opolis goggles is made from 10 plastic bottles that have been pulled directly from the environment to give you more sustainable protection on the mountain.
- ShredElectric fully electric snowbike / timber sled
- Lightly used outdoor essentials from top brands at GearME -- because the gear you need is already out there.
- Snowkants from Pyxie! A unique women's snow pant with an attached skirt designed for all winter outdoor activities - encouraging you to #getoutthere for the betterment of your mental health
On the Mountain
Gifts for climbers, hikers, and campers
Wonderwall Crag Bag from Sterling Rope
The Wonderwall 33L is a top-loading, roll-top pack that gives trad and sport climbers access to a wide variety of packing options, making it one of the most versatile crag packs in the world. The wide mouth front zipper opening allows fast and easy access to all of your gear. The Wonderwall Crag Bag is named after the classic route at Otter Cliffs in Acadia National Park, Maine.
Oterra First Aid Kit
The one piece of gear everyone needs. This kit is compact, durable, made from waterproof materials and stocked with the essentials.
Brant & Cochran Allagash Cruiser Axe
Hand-forged in South Portland, the Allagash Cruiser is a Maine wedge pattern camp axe that Field & Stream Magazine calls one of the four best axes in the world. Tradition. Craft. Quality. Brant & Cochran.
Outdoor Movement Project Trail Guide
This guide takes you to 100 trails in Southern Maine, geared towards all levels of hikers. It will show you that beauty can be found in your backyard and that hiking is for any season, any age, and any ability.
- Hüga heated cushions. The longest-lasting, highest quality, most durable heated cushions you can buy! Handsewn in Maine, they make the outdoors more enjoyable in any weather.
- The F2 Bravo knife from Tekto
- The Nemo Stargaze Reclining Camp Chair from Alpenglow Adventure Sports
Comfort and Joy
All things cozy, warm, and bright
Series Three Bundle of Maine The Way Magazine
Series Three looks at Maine through the lens of the four coordinates, but also at the ways humans and nature interact in our state. This bundle makes the perfect gift for those passionate about Maine and eager to learn more.
Old Maine Outfitters’ Striper Flag
A perfect addition to your home or boat. Rep Maine and protect our fisheries. 25% of profits will be donated to the American Saltwater Guides Associate to help support striped bass conservation.
Maine Casual Wooden Beach and Deck Chair
Top quality folding chairs inspired by the rich tradition of boatbuilding and craftsmanship in Maine. Ships anywhere!
Gear up your little adventurers!
Havea Kid’s Swim Fins from Kit
Made of upcycled natural rubber and colored with plant-based pigments these adorable swim fins will get everyone excited to swim like a fish! These fins are not only adorable, but they encourage correct form when swimming to build confidence in the water. Perfect for the pool or the beach!
The Summer Ecology Academy at River Bend Farm
An immersive, ecology-focused summer learning experience designed for middle school-aged campers. During a week-long program, campers will enjoy ecosystem exploration, campfires with new friends, and canoeing the Saco River!
Winter Sky Sweatshirt from Peace House Studio
Organic cotton with just the right amount of stretch. Rich colors and bold patterns make it easy to mix and match — all year long!
The WinterKids App
The WinterKids App is your connection to outdoor winter activities in Maine with over 50 free admission tickets for kids to try alpine skiing, ice skating and Nordic skiing, snowshoeing, along with great discounts at ski and snowboard shops across the state! Family Memberships are $40 and cover a family of 5 for the whole year, but you can save $10 by using promo code MOB24 when signing up!
A Taste of Maine
Share the local fare with anyone, anywhere
Grandy Organics Coconola
Take on a road trip or toss in a bowl. Every single Grandy Organics product is made from real goodness to fuel life’s adventures.
Good To-Go Cups
Good To-Go's new microwave cup meals are crafted with convenience and quality in mind. Now you can experience a meal created by a Michelin-starred restaurateur in the comfort of your own home, at work, or wherever life takes you!
High quality Maine-crafted comfort
Arctic Lynx postpartum leggings
High-performance postpartum leggings designed to support them while they take on motherhood.
"I love how they stay in place, have a compressive feel without being too restrictive, and are soft and light on my skin. I highly recommend this product!"
Reclaimed Maine Pine Tree Coast Collection
The Maine Pine Tree Coast Collection combines our love for Maine's forest and coast, our mission to protect it, and our desire to explore it as often as we can! Each year, 10% of net proceeds are donated from this collection to the Natural Resources Council of Maine in order to help protect, conserve, and reclaim Maine’s environment. Protecting the places we love to explore.
Swell Affair “Surf Maine” Hat
Support the scene, Surf Maine. Performance poly fabric. Lightweight, breathable, and moisture-wicking. Unstructured low-sweep profile with flat brim. Black nylon backstrap with plastic slider and buckle.
Flowfold Portland Phone Bag
Minimalist style with modern charm, the Portland Phone Bag is a great solution for all those quick trips meant for carrying your phone, keys, wallets, and a few other small essentials. It is designed with a convertible strap that allows you to wear it crossbody or around your waist. Empty your pockets while still keeping everything close at hand.
- Toad & Co's spruce wood parka
- MapAdventures Trail Bling Bracelet
- FLYN super soft 100% merino wool beanie, made in the USA. Just pick your patch!
- Lifeflight handcrafted charm collaboration with Chart Metalworks from Portland
Gifts that Keep on Giving
For the minimalists and do-gooders in your life
Maine Island Trail Association Crew Neck
Maine Island Trail merch matters for access and stewardship. Get geared up and rep your love of Maine's islands, whether you're exploring the Trail or out on the town.
Kennebunk Land Trust Membership
Give the gift of nature! The Kennebunk Land Trust 2024 gift membership. Now in our 51st year, our mission is to permanently conserve and steward land to benefit natural and human communities. We are here for everyone with over 30 miles of trails and counting!
Donation to Teens to Trails
Teens to Trails supports Maine middle and high school outdoor clubs through seasonal programming, grants to start and/or sustain clubs, and scholarships for outdoor adventure. Give $100, and $50 will go to the club of your choice. To find a list of current outdoor clubs, visit teenstotrails.org/register-your-outdoor-club
Portland Trails Membership
Members are our trail builders. Your annual contribution offers you exclusive rates to events, free snowshoe rentals, a free trail map, and the opportunity to connect to your community.