Portland, Maine (January 4, 2023) – Maine Outdoor Brands (MOB) will attend Outdoor Retailer Snow Show 2023 in Utah January 10-12 with seven brand members, showcasing innovative gear and heritage industry products.
Attendees at Outdoor Retailer will have the opportunity to meet representatives and view products from the following businesses at the MOB Booth (#29029):
- Brant & Cochran – Heirloom quality axes forged in our South Portland, Maine shop. Hand-crafted using U.S. 1050 carbon steel hung on Amish-turned A+ quality hickory handles, our axes are made ready for use at camp, on the trail or around the home hearth.
- Hüga – Hüga is a Maine-made heated cushion company that strives to bring people together outdoors to enjoy nature, friends and family throughout the year by warming our cores from the bottom up. Hüga heated cushions are hand sewn with highly durable marine grade vinyl, reach 120 degrees, and come with a powerful battery that lasts 8-10 hours on high.
- Mainers – For over 40 years, we’ve protected the hands of the US Military, NASA, and NATO from the extreme cold. We’ve brought our deep knowledge of cold protection to the outdoors with the Mainers Extreme Cold Mitts.
- Opolis – Opolis uses plant based and rPET plastic that is, or would end up in, the ocean as upcycled material for durable goods like sunglasses. 1 thrown out plastic bottle = 1 pair of Award Winning Opolis’ Frames. To date Opolis has removed over 300,000 water bottles from the ocean and counting.
- Benoit’s Design – Small, family owned shop of makers located in Maine, USA. Specializing in engraved wood maps, felt banners, home decor, gifts and accessories.
- Juneberry – All-natural portable campfires and tabletop fire pits that are compact, spark-free, and made for good times. Ideal for drinks and dinner on the patio, evenings on the beach, and life on the go.
- Arctic Lynx Maternity – Arctic Lynx makes high-performance activewear for pregnant and postpartum women because we value and support mothers and want to empower them to stay active and keep adventuring while pregnant and beyond.
Media interested in stopping by and setting up an appointment, please connect with Brian Threlkeld at email@example.com or 207-200-7896.
Additional Events Highlighting MOB at the Outdoor Retailer Summer Show:
- Summit Demo Day featuring Hüga and Opolis
This immersive on-mountain winter experience and industry day brings the outdoor and winter sports industry together for a one-of-a-kind day of on-snow fun, unique learning experiences, and a chance to try out the latest gear.
When: Monday, January 9, 2023; 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Panel Discussion Featuring Blaze Partners
“R.I.P. Cookies. So, now what?”
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Date: Wednesday, January 11
Location: Ranger Station
Details: After more than two decades as the leading source of tracking and monitoring website users and providing extremely sophisticated targeting and retargeting, third party cookies are going away. The death of the cookie, as well as Apple’s policy that asks consumers to opt in to allow apps to track their activity, represent a seismic shift in the marketing world. Brands will be forced to increase their spend — some significantly — in order to reach the same goals as last year. Marketers and CMOs are in a frenzied race to discover, “What’s next? And what do I need to be investing in now to make this a less cumbersome blow to my bottom line?” Eliza Hill, VP of Strategy at Blaze Partners, a Maine-based, B Corp certified advertising/digital marketing agency, will be asking experts from around the outdoor industry what steps they’ve taken in anticipation of the rapidly changing digital landscape and what strategies they’ll employ going forward. If your business relies on data to inform your marketing program, this is one session you won’t want to miss.
Opolis is a finalist for the fifth annual Outdoor Retailer Innovation Awards. An independent panel of expert judges evaluated all 132 entries to determine the 29 finalists, which include innovative new outdoor and winter sport products, fabrics and materials, digital and retail services. All finalists will be on display in the Innovation Gallery during Outdoor Retailer Snow Show from January 10-12, 2023 in the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, and the winners will be announced during the awards ceremony on Wednesday, January 11, in the new Hyatt Regency Salt Lake.
About Maine Outdoor Brands
Maine Outdoor Brands continues to work to unite, grow, and give a voice to the state’s outdoor recreation industry, supporting knowledge sharing, collaborative marketing, and commerce efforts and access to professional resources. MOB is committed to seeing Maine-based products, services, and retail brands thrive, and today has over 150 member brands that are a part of the mission.