If you read nothing else …
The three most important things for you to know.
- We’re heading to Summer OR and have two great packages available to members. Read on for more information!
- We have MOB swag! Scoll down and be the first to purchase our limited edition t-shirts!
- Share your opinion on Maine’s Outdoor Recreation Priorities by completing the SCORP survey. Details below.
Mark your calendar for these can’t miss events.
Monday, April 22nd, 5:30-8:00
Earth Day Celebration!
Salt Pump Climbing Co, 36 Haigis Parkway, Scarborough, ME
Night-of discount climbing rentals available for MOB members!
Wednesday, May 8th
Happy Hour with Maine Film Association
Flight Deck Brewing Co, Brunswick, ME
Friday May 17th, 5-7pm
Rappel for Rippleffect MOB Challenge
1 Canal Plaza, Portland, ME
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
Outdoor Retailer: Summer Market
Email email@example.com for more info!
Help us get to 100 members!
We’re only 5 members away!! Know a brand, non-profit, or corporate partner who aligns with our mission? Tell them about MOB and send them our way… and whomever refers the 100th member will win some cool MOB member swag!
MOB goes to Augusta... twice!
MOB members Mike Mahoney (L.L.Bean), Jim Hauptman (Blaze Partners), James Morin (Flowfold), Sheila Brennan Nee (Maine Sports Commission), Mo Killay (Maine Sports Resort and Conference Center) Kaitlyn Bernard (AMC) and Kevin Shorey (Quoddy — not pictured) were in Augusta on March 18th testifying on behalf of the new Office of Outdoor Recreation. Thank you for all your work!
Outdoor Industry Day at Hall of Flags
A week later, MOB headed up to Augusta again for our afternoon at the Hall of Flags! The session opened with an introduction from Senator Cathy Breen and was followed by comments from L.L.Bean Chairman Shawn Gorman on the importance of the outdoor recreation economy. Over 15 MOB members had the opportunity to speak with state legislators about their businesses and 2019 priorities.
Special thanks to advisory board member Kaitlyn Bernard (AMC) for helping coordinate this important event!
Outdoor Retailer: Summer Market
We’re heading back to Denver June 18-20 for Outdoor Retailer: Summer Market. For as little as $250, we would love to help introduce your brand to the outdoor industry! Spots are going quickly in the MOB booth, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and to reserve your place. Before flying out in June, check out these articles to get prepared.
Express your opinion on Maine Outdoor Recreation Priorities
The Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands and its partners want to know what influences your time spend in the outdoors, what activities you engage in, and what you see as priorities for the future. The Maine SCORP (State Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan) documents outdoor recreation supply and demand and discusses issues of statewide importance. It identifies priorities for expenditure of LWCF dollars in Maine and serves as a vision for strengthening communities through outdoor recreation investments.
To be as effective as possible, the plan needs your input! Visit https://mescorpsurvey.com/ and take the Maine SCORP Survey.
Call for Submissions: Maine International Trade Day
The showcase, which will take place at Maine International Trade Day on May 23rd and 24th in Portland, will highlight some of Maine’s most innovative new products.
In order to be eligible for the showcase, your product or service:
- must have launched within the past two years (May 2017 – May 2019)
- must have commercial viability and currently be in the market
- will be evaluated on international market appeal as well as innovation
If any of your companies are interested in applying, please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions. Yale Cordage won the showcase the past two years, and Flowfold won the year before that.
Click here to apply. The deadline for applications is next Friday, April 5th.
Get Out There Grants
Have you heard about KOA’s “Get Out There” grants? They want to give people access to their dream adventures- share, and you just might win funding to go on the adventure you’ve been waiting for.
- 1. Enter. Fill out the Get Out There Grant form above and tell us all about your dream adventure. Remember, it can be anything. The outside has no limits. You may also apply by sharing your dream adventure and a photo on Instagram using #GetOutThereKOA.
- 2. Wait to Hear Back. Our judging panel will review all submissions and select our grant recipients. Grants can be awarded in amounts ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 per participant, depending on the adventure.
- 3. Get Out There! If you’re selected, we’ll be in touch. Our small but professional video team will accompany you and document your adventure to inspire others to get out there.
Welcome New Members!
Thank you to our Sponsors!
SA Hutnak & Associates, 50Fish, Nimlok Maine, and Philbrook PR.