If you read nothing else …
The three most important things for you to know.
- Limited tickets are available for MOB’s July member event: a Casco Bay boat cruise and tour of Fort Gorges on Thursday, July 25th. Get your ticket today!
- Fourteen Maine Outdoor Brands attended the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market in Colorado, the largest contingent of Maine companies to date. Two MOB products were included on the SNEWS list of 25 coolest products at Outdoor Retailer.
- Our new Executive Director is officially on board! Learn more about Jenny in the interview she did with SGB Media. She is on a mission to visit as many member companies as she can this summer. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What: Tour of the historically significant and architecturally unique Fort Gorges. The event will include light appetizers and limited release Fort Gorges beer from Rising Tide.
When: Thursday, July 25 from 4:45 — 7pm.
Where: Fort Gorges via the Casco Bay Cat leaving from the dock near Casco Bay Lines in Portland. Exact location and additional information will be emailed to all ticket holders in advance of the event.
Fourteen Maine Outdoor Brands made the trip to Colorado for the Outdoor Retailer show last month. Attendees included:
- American Wild
- Angel Rox
- Arctic Lynx
- Brant & Cochran
- Confluence Collective
- Earth & Blue
- Foothill Fuels
- Good To-Go
- Hyperlite Mountain Gear
- Malone Auto Racks
- Sea Bags
- Shaw & Tenney
- Sterling Rope
Hundreds of people stopped by the MOB booth with some connection to Maine and an interest in Maine brands. Overheard at the booth: “Promoting the product made in my home state is something I greatly support!”
Some of our highlights included:
- Hosting a panel discussion with L.L.Bean, Blaze and Flowfold on the power of collaborations. We discussed how large established brands and small emerging brands can leverage one another’s strengths in innovating new products, attracting new customers and ultimately driving sales.
- The inclusion of two products from Maine Outdoor Brand members, Hyperlite Mountain Gear and Foothill Fuels, on SNEWS’ 25 coolest products at Outdoor Retailer list.
- Confluence Collective founder Bri Dostie’s feature in the daily show magazine.
- The fact that the MOB booth had the only pregnant mannequin at the show, sporting outdoor maternity wear from Arctic Lynx.
Check out more photos and videos on MOB’s instagram.
Cool find of the day: Foothill Fuels’ Bio-White Gas
SNEWS identifies Foothill Fuels as a hot new product at Outdoor Retailer.
Q&A With Jenny Kordick, Maine Outdoor Brands’ New Executive Director
SGB news caught up with Jenny on her goals for MOB and what makes Maine unique.
Sherrill Acquires Maine-Based Sterling Rope Company
A growth opportunity for Sterling Rope, who will stay based in Biddeford.
Q&A with James Morin of Flowfold
Learn about Flowfold’s new headquarters in Gorham and their recent collaboration with L.L.Bean.
Grain Surfboards has been crafting one-of-a-kind wooden surfboards from sustainably managed Maine forests since 2005. With an emphasis on quality and sincere commitment to sustainable practices, each board is made one at a time, by hand, to create a product that has a soul and tells a story.
Meet Mike LaVecchia and Brian Schopfer of Grain Surfboards in the film they did with the #forestproud campaign.
The most popular page on our website is the jobs board! You can post jobs using the submission form on the site.
Rogue Industries is a small, family-owned leather goods shop outside of Portland, Maine. They got their start with innovative front pocket wallet designs, and now offer a full line of leather accessories from bags to briefcases.
Greater Franklin Development Council
MOB welcomes the Greater Franklin Development Council as a non-profit partner. Their mission is to attract and assist businesses and entrepreneurs by advocating, promoting, and collaborating to support a sustainable and thriving community.
SA Hutnak & Associates, 50Fish, Nimlok Maine, and Philbrook PR.