Portland, Maine (June 6, 2022) – Maine Outdoor Brands (MOB) is set to attend Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2022 in Denver June 9-11 with an exciting lineup of MOB members, showcasing innovative gear and heritage industry products. Attendees at Outdoor Retailer will have the opportunity to meet representatives and view products from the following businesses at the MOB Booth (#36087-UL).
Maine is well-known for its enduring legacy brands, and today, for its fresh, innovative brands making their mark in the state and across the U.S. These companies are consciously choosing Maine, drawing inspiration from its natural beauty and hardy spirit to create game-changing products.
Showcasing Maine Outdoor Brands include:
- Brant & Cochran – Heirloom quality axes forged in our South Portland, Maine shop. Hand-crafted using U.S. 1050 carbon steel hung on Amish-turned A+ quality hickory handles, our axes are made ready for use at camp, on the trail or around the home hearth.
- Dooloop – Hike with your dog and preserve Mother Nature with the one-hand-easy-to-use dooloop. Attached to a backpack or leash, a dooloop will hold multiple bags of dog poop, so you leave no trace. Made of recycled plastic, assembled by hand, paying a living wage, woman owned, fun colors.
- Good To-Go – creates the most delicious meals, made from clean ingredients, to be enjoyed wherever your adventures take you. Be it your backyard or the backcountry, simply add water and in minutes enjoy a healthy meal. Gluten-free and vegan options available. Proudly handcrafted in Kittery, Maine USA.
- Hüga – Hüga is a Maine-made heated cushion company that strives to bring people together outdoors to enjoy nature, friends and family throughout the year by warming our cores from the bottom up. Hüga heated cushions are hand sewn with highly durable marine grade vinyl, reach 120 degrees, and come with a powerful battery that lasts 8-10 hours on high.
- Mainers – For over 40 years, we’ve protected the hands of the US Military, NASA, and NATO from the extreme cold. We’ve brought our deep knowledge of cold protection to the outdoors with the Mainers Extreme Cold Mitts.
- Opolis – Opolis uses plant based and rPET plastic that is, or would end up in, the ocean as upcycled material for durable goods like sunglasses. 1 thrown out plastic bottle = 1 pair of Award Winning Opolis’ Frames. To date Opolis has removed over 300,000 water bottles from the ocean and counting.
- Tree Free Brands – All-natural portable campfires and tabletop fire pits that are compact, spark-free, and made for good times. Ideal for drinks and dinner on the patio, evenings on the beach, and life on the go.
Media interested in stopping by and setting up an appointment, please connect with Jenny Kordick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-464-0017.
Additional Events Highlighting MOB at the Outdoor Retailer Summer Show:
GOOD TO-GO HAPPY HOUR AT THE MAINE OUTDOOR BRANDS BOOTH
Join us Friday from 4-6pm for some delicious eats from Good To-Go Chef and Co-founder, Jen Scism! We’ll be dishing up our own Cuban Rice Bowl topped with fresh slaw and mojo sauce (vegetarian), served with slow-roasted pork (for the carnivores).
PANEL DISCUSSION FEATURING MAINE OUTDOOR BRANDS
State Outdoor Business Alliances: Strengthening Advocacy, Business and Economies
Time: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. (MDT)
Date: Friday, June 10, 2022
Location: Colorado Convention Center, Meeting Room 201-207
Details: Outdoor business and recreation alliances across the United States are driving forces behind vitalized outdoor economies. These state-based groups are galvanizing businesses from across the outdoor industry and other key stakeholders to play a leading role in promoting recreation economies, accessibility, and the outdoor sector. Join representatives from outdoor alliances to learn about their efforts to support the outdoor industry through advocacy, thought leadership, collaboration, marketing, workforce and business development, partnerships with state offices of outdoor recreation, and more.
About Maine Outdoor Brands
Maine Outdoor Brands continues to work to unite, grow, and give a voice to the state’s outdoor recreation industry, supporting knowledge sharing, collaborative marketing, and commerce efforts and access to professional resources. MOB is committed to seeing Maine-based products, services, and retail brands thrive, and today has over 150 member brands that are a part of the mission.